- Collection of Data
We may collect and use personal information about you to service and maintain your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your investment professional; develop, offer and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- Your investment professional through account databases (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, assets and income);
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances);
- Your or your investment professional's interactions with Tamarac (for example, discussions with our customer service staff or information you post on the Sites);
- You or your investment professional regarding your preferences (for example, your choice of electronic statement delivery or the screen layout you specify); and
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your investment professional.
The Sites may allow you to leave comments and reviews of your experiences. You choose what information you put in your comments or reviews, if any. You should assume that any personal information or other content that you voluntarily post to any Site will become publicly available and can be accessed and viewed by others. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Use of Data
We collect personal information to provide the products and services offered through the Sites and to protect us from harm and our services from loss, theft, misappropriation or other misuse. For example, we may use personal information in the following situations:
- Providing the services you request and related customer support;
- Improving and customizing our products and services, including the usability features of the Sites;
- Protecting Tamarac and other users of the Sites against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized claims, loss, theft, misuse and other liabilities;
- Providing you with opportunities to provide us with feedback.
We may retain information collected from closed accounts to comply with law and our agreements with third parties, such as investment professionals.
In addition, we may develop, use, distribute and publish information and statistics derived from your data and the content that you contribute to any Site for use on a masked, aggregate basis. This particular use of your data and content will not result in the distribution or publication of any personally identifiable information.
- Protection of Data
We safeguard personal information in accordance with commercially reasonable security measures. We have implemented physical and electronic safeguards to help protect personal information against loss, misuse and interception. We make extensive use of firewall barriers and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your online session and to protect customer accounts and systems from unauthorized access. We also restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
- Website Usage
We may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs) or other similar web tools. This allows us to personalize your use of the Sites. These web tools do not identify you by name as an individual or by account number. In order to maximize the functionality and usability of the Sites, you must set your browser’s preferences to allow both permanent and temporary cookies. The Sites also use session (temporary) cookies, which are deleted when you log out of the Sites or browse to a different site. If you do not want to accept these session cookies, you should refer to the instructions for your specific Internet browser. If you do not accept cookies from the Sites, we may not be able to deliver certain services to you.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our rights and the rights of third parties, to protect the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity or to otherwise comply with the law.
- No Guarantees
- Contact Information